There is a phrase that I have been telling myself a lot whenever I know that life ahead of me is about to get very challenging. Ok. . . I guess I have more than one phrase, but this one comes up a lot more than most.
And it is kind of sad to admit, but the phrase comes from Star Wars Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith, in the following scene;
I have said this phrase in the same exact way, so many times, that I have lost count.
Examples of times that I have used this;
- When I was working at the 2 Michelin Star, right when the first orders came, and all the orders rolled out of the machines at once.
- When I was working as a Sushi Chef, and when the dinner rush came in.
- When I worked as a waiter, and the lunch rush came
- When I was exhausted during my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Work outs
- And often, when I am in my 3/4th hour of studying, and I still have 3/4 hours to go.
This phrase is useful for times when you have something daunting ahead of you. This works similarly to another tip I gave you, to say that you’re excited when you’re afraid.
There was a psychological study given to people that had stage fright and fear of public speaking, and the test that they made was they had the experimental group tell themselves that instead of saying that they were afraid, that they were instead, excited. The percentage of the individuals that experienced significant positive change was enough to prove the study or the hypothesis.
Those simple changes in perspective create a huge mental difference. Whenever I say it, I feel like a great warrior in front of an enemy army hugely outnumbered, Rocky against Apollo, Goku against Frieza, me against the world. It gives me courage to give it my best, my all, and to show the world what I am made of.
Life is the small things.
The small changes you make in your life are the ones that will make or break you.
So try this one out~
It’s that simple,